On A Mission To Empower Employees & Support The Community
We all struggle with barriers that interfere with getting to work, staying engaged, and remaining productive. Whether it's transportation, housing, or financial issues, Connect For Success® offers one-on-one coaching with results that move people forward to greater satisfaction and control over their lives.
The Connect for Success® is an innovative workplace benefit that partners with employers to work toward the goal of reducing employee turnover and increasing productivity by eliminating the obstacles that keep people from performing their best at work.
Together, let's make a lasting difference in people’s lives.
People. Planet. Profit.
Helping Employees Thrive
Value for EMPLOYERS | Workforce support leading to results
- Employers find this approach positively impacts their business, typically through demonstrable improvements in:
- Utilization of existing benefits
- HR teams spend less time trying to resolve employee’s non-work related challenges and difficulties.
- Employers gain access to knowledge and resources from the community; deepening their relationships with local nonprofits and other organizations.
- Access to a pre-competitive employer collaborative in which to discuss and solve issues affecting all of their companies
Value for EMPLOYEES | Access to knowledgeable, trusted resources
- At the workplace, consortium organizations provide employees with personalized, confidential, 1:1 resource
- The resource navigator helps employees quickly access a wide range of supportive services:
- Employer-sponsored loan programs at low interest rates
- Tax preparation and Financial education
- Assistance applying for public benefits
- Assistance finding affordable housing, childcare, and transportation
- Career Coaching and Upskilling Programs empower and educate you on how to take charge of your career and achieve success.
Connect For Success® Impact
When Janice's husband lost his job, she thought it would be a short-term bout of unemployment. Things were tight already financially with a special-needs child requiring extra support and rising rents. After six months of employment and increasingly severe depression, it became apparent to Janice that her husband might not bounce back from the layoff so quickly. Janice met with a Connect for Success® Coach to have a sounding board for dealing with these difficulties. Together, they identified resources that Janice simply hadn't had the time to pursue including local food banks and some state services. As the holidays drew closer, their coach was able to help them with holiday assistance from the Boeing company with provided her younger child with a new bike and some much-needed joy during the holiday season. With help from her coach, Janice continues to chip away at some of the many challenges her family faces while staying employed and in good standing with her job at Skills, Inc.
Are you a community minded inclusive employer?
Connect for Success® is a local nonprofit initiative with a long history of success working with at-risk employees. Connect for Success® provides one-on-one retention and support services to employees of member companies. All employees are eligible to receive services and employees may self-refer or be referred by their supervisors. The goal is to ensure that employees have what they need to come to work and to focus on being successful in the workplace and in the rest of their lives.
How is Connect for Success® different from an EAP?
EAPs are designed and staffed to handle acute issues on a short term basis, often by referring the employee to outside resources. Likely, a given EAP is contracted by many, many employers to work with their employees, often at the job jeopardy stage, and may not be available to follow-up on the referrals provided. Connect for Success®, on the other hand, works with a few specific employers and customizes services to meet the needs of their employees. Our services are designed to be high-touch and long term – we address the issue at hand and then work with the employee to align resources and build assets so that the issue does not repeat. If an employer does have an EAP, Connect for Success® coaches can help employees get the most benefit from that service by ensuring that the referrals supplied by the EAP are followed up on and by continuing to keep contact with that employee as he or she works through the issue.
What is the value of Connect for Success®?
This model is based on providing value to everyone we work with.
- Employer members receive value by having a trusted resource working directly with their employees with the sole purpose of reducing turnover by eliminating the outside-the-workplace obstacles that cause people to miss work and keep them from doing their best work.
- Employees receive value by having access to a professional who knows the local resources in the area and can quickly align those resources to keep them working and moving forward in their careers.
- Local non-profits receive value because the Connect for Success® coach serves as a broker to efficiently move clients to appropriate services at non-profits. They also can enlist Connect for Success’® help if they are having trouble reaching a client.
- Tax-payers and the public-sector receive value by having Connect for Success® focus on retention and preventing individuals from falling into public support systems.
How can I participate with Connect for Success® as a partner?
Our community partnerships effectively reduce barriers to advancement and self-sufficiency and allow for timely resolution of clients support needs. We collaborate with organizations in order to leverage resources for individuals and their families that are part of our program. By working together, our participants have the support they need to ensure a secure future for themselves and their family. We also partner with training providers to help individuals identify and complete job training that our member employers find essential to a successful outcome.
Read more of our frequently asked questions here.
Affiliations & Partners
Support Connect for Success® As A Funder!
Public funders, private foundations and corporate sponsors are behind the success of Connect for Success® programs and services. Connect for Success® is able to provide individualized services because of the support of contracts, grants and in-kind services from these entities. Due to their generous support, we are able to help people and their families.
Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. | 5:00 p.m.
1833 N 105th Street. Ste 201 Seattle, WA 98133